Monday, January 20, 2020

January 20, 2020

the country side

Hello all!

Well, one week back in the country side with my first ward and what a week it was! Very stressful!
 I forgot how much mosquitoes love me and want to suck my blood. We got here and the same house that I left clean was a disaster and messy and the sisters did not leave any registros or new people to teach, so we are starting where I left off. But it was super fun seeing the people again, like random people on the street that were the same. Ah, good times.

Some new members moved in since I was last here and there are some new places that are new too. Still there are friendly cockroaches that like our house and there was this snake thing that was down our street that someone had killed so that was good to know that some great dangerous animals live close. Fun times here in the country side. It was super hot but then rained and stayed cold, so that is good relief from the mosquito bites. We rode our bikes a lot and now my butt is sore. 

I have a ton more responsibilities as a sister training leader that president gave to us so now I am calling the sisters a lot to check in with them, I hope our phone has enough credits to last. And we will be doing splits with the sisters in my zone every week, it will be fun!

We made some contacts with new people and had many small miracles this week with help from the members. One was yesterday, after Sacrament meeting, an Irmã that was born and raised here, lives in Ohio and was visiting, and invited us to go with her to visit her friend that is going through a difficult time. We got to teach her about building a relationship with God and that He knows her individually. We read Alma 7:11-13 about Christ, that He knows our pains and sorrows and is here to help us feel peace and love.

I love being able to testify of Christ and how He really brings peace and a calm to our troubled hearts. If you are needing a quiet moment to breathe or regain focus, think of Christ, and say a pray to your loving Father in Heaven who is anxiously awaiting to converse with you.

Have a good week and share a smile!

love, Sister Giles

p.s. my camera doesn't work with this computer so I will try to send photos next week

No comments:

Post a Comment