Monday, June 3, 2019

June 3, 2019

Bem Vindo June!

I think Camarillo weather followed me to Brazil because ever since June came it has been mostly overcast and rainy, but that might be because it is getting into winter here soon....

We are teaching some great people and are hoping they will come to church next week. Praying and fasting is our daily quest! I really testify that fasting is a gift from Heavenly Father and brings about miracles. I am grateful for the opportunity to serve! One restaurant we were passing by had these giant ribs cooking around the fire and I thought this would be a cool idea for your future bbq/smoker restaurant (Dadio)! hahaha

We had a good week of sharing the good news of the gospel! Tuesday Sister Silva and I were invited to the Relief Society activity which was a ´´Pajamas´´ theme, and had a good time talking with the Women and getting to know them better. They are so fun! Wednesday night we got a phone call to renew my vista the next morning in São Paulo, so we got up early and took the bus to SP. 

Then Friday Sister Silva and I went to visit William, a less active, and his mother was there and wanted to hear the lesson and understand what it is what we believe. She stopped smoking 14 days ago and is wanting a change in her life, she has a desire to have a better life and wants to come to church this next week! 

I love how the gospel of Jesus Christ is about bettering ourselves, every day. It is a progression, a constant effort to change. But with daily learning, we grow. A scripture that really stuck out to me this week is Moroni 8:25-26. I am grateful for the gospel of hope and how Christ is our Redeemer and Savior. I know He lives and will come again soon!


Have a great week everybody!


the last picture is at zone conference 2 weeks ago


love, Sister Giles















No comments:

Post a Comment