Another week and another transfer down! I will be transferred to Guarulhos, but I really enjoyed Villa Ema and my time here. The ward members were really great and we met some really incredible people! It will be sad to go, but part of the mission life.
This last week, on Friday, Elder Bassett (an area Seventy) did a tour of our mission and we had the opportunity to have a conference with him. It was really good!!! Only that same day the buses went on strike and we normally take 2 buses to the chapel where the meeting house is. But Heavenly Father paved the way for us to get there in time through many tender miracles. The other transit that we sometimes take are the Vans that do the same route of the buses, so we hopped in and only had our cards to pay for the transit, but all did not work on the machine. The lady was super sweet and said it was no problem. First tender mercy. Second tender blessing is that we fast walked for 10 minutes and went up this hill and at the top a member of the other ward drove by and asked if we needed a ride somewhere, we said yes and she was very sweet to take us to the chapel. Third miracle, we made it to the meeting on time, which Presidente had asked that we all come on time. I am so grateful for our Father in Heaven that is very aware of all of us. And even more special was that Elder Bassett talked a lot about and emphasized how each and every one of us are children of God, loved by Him. Moses 1:39 sums up the purpose God has for us: to help us be worthy of eternal life.
I know that God exists and that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I know that They are always with us and will lead and guide us through this life. Trust in Them. Have a great week!
-Sister Giles
1) drank out of a coconut for the first time, whoot!
2) we had lunch with Irmão Paulo and Irmã Angela. They are missionaries for BYU Pathways and something he said really stuck out to me:`´I learn and practice English because I tell myself that Christ will speak to me in English, so I really want to be able to converse with Him when He comes.´´
3)photo of the conference with Elder Bassett
No comments:
Post a Comment