Monday, May 6, 2019

May 6, 2019

Best day ever!

Olá family and friends!

Sister Silva and I had a very special day yesterday! Our awesome friend and investigator, Angelo, was baptized!! He is 13 and is incredible. When we started teaching him a month ago, he did not believe that God existed. Every day since we gave him the Book of Mormon he has read in it and is already in 2 Nephi 22! He takes it to school with him and reads it in the classroom (we know this because a member named Matius is in his same class and told us hehe). And yesterday, he followed the example of our Savior and was baptized by someone holding the authority of Jesus Christ to make this covenant and be sealed in the Heavens. When he came up out of the water he had the biggest grin on, ah so cute! Next week he will be confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, he is super excited and we are excited for him! I am so grateful for this opportunity to be here and witness the miracles that God has in store for each of His precious children. 

When we do the simple things such as daily prayer, scripture study, and going to church, Heavenly Father sends the blessings He has in store for us when we follow His commandments. Sister Silva and I have been doing an activity for our members as our message after Lunch, where we read in Ephesians 6:10-18 and draw out the Armour of God. We talk about how important it is in these Latter days to fortify our testimonies and families against the fiery attacks of the adversary. God has given us the tools to fight: The Book of Mormon, a living Prophet, the Holy Spirit, personal revelation, our families, and much more. All we need to do is strive daily to do these things and follow the example of Christ. The talk given by Presidente Nelson last April conference about revelation for the Church, and personal revelation is very powerful! I encourage you all to read it and ponder how you can apply personal revelation more in your own lives. 

During the week we had divisions with Sisters in the zone Jacueri so I had Sister Correia as my companion for the day. Also, we have a couple as our investigators and they gave us these cute Eiffel Tower key chains they brought back from Paris last year when they went on a trip there. It reminds me of my sister Hannah and how grateful I am for my wonderful family.

I love the story of Joseph Smith of how he sought personal revelation in the Bible then went and prayed and received a marvelous answer. What a great example he is! My companion and I were talking about his incredible experience after one of our investigators told us that she was studying the Bible with A Jehovah Witness and the lady told her not to read the Book of Mormon because it will confuse her mind and the teachings of the Bible. I am so grateful for the Spirit and it lead Sister Silva and I to tell her that God loves us and has given the gift of personal revelation and the Book of Mormon to find things out on our own if we have real intent. I am so grateful for the Restoration of the true church of Jesus Christ, restored in the same form as Christ established. 

The baptism was so incredible! I love missionary work! Have a great week!


Love to all!!!


-Sister Giles

























No comments:

Post a Comment