Monday, May 20, 2019

May 20, 2019

Obra missionaria!

Olá my lovely family and friends!

Man, it is getting cold here in São José dos Campos! More rain this week and we stopped using both fans at night, only one we keep on, so that´s when you know it is getting cold. This week I did eat tacos! For the first time in 6 months, and it was delicious. We had dinner at a member´s house Wednesday night and they have been to the USA a couple of times and to Rexburg for BYUI. So they cooked ground-up meat with a taco sauce and we had the soft taco shells with cheese and lettuce and pico de gallo and sour cream to add and holy cow it was so good! They also had brought back root-beer concentration to make root-beer, but they didn't make it that night hahaha! Next time. They have a lot of coconut things here and one day I want to try the coconut where you drink the water using a straw, they have a lot of stands for this. They have bananas that are more sweet and bananas that are less sweet and have different uses for each which is interesting. I think the US only have one type of banana hahaa!

We met some really great, new people this week and Sister Silva and I are excited to teach them!

One is a young boy, Everton, who received the lessons awhile back with some Elders, but stopped. Now he wants to hear them again! Our mission leader of the ward is a recently returned missionary so has been helping a lot! He brought Everton to church yesterday , so we are excited to teach him! He went to an activity on Friday we had at the church building for a young man, Leo, in our ward who is leaving for a mission to Mexico this week, and really enjoyed it! The mother of Leo asked us to bear our testimonies and what a special experience it was! I bore my witness of the greatness of God´s work on the earth and how this work is to bring His eternal family together, to live forever in His presence. What a joy! Afterwords, the boys played soccer and we had cake and these fried savory things called cadinhas!

Another investigator we met this is week was this lady who is a journalist and was really interested in missionary work.

Sister Silva and I have a great time together and I feel that my Portuguese has improved a ton! I have been helping her with English and her English is so cute haha!

I was reading in Mormon 9 where Mormon talks firmly about the only way to gain salvation is through Jesus Christ and following His example. It is so powerful how every prophet in the Book of Mormon testifies of Christ and the need for repentance and baptism. I love sharing the gospel, what a tremendous opportunity and time! Sharing about our Savior and His example is so wonderful.


Love to all!


Sister Giles



















No comments:

Post a Comment