Monday, April 8, 2019

April 8, 2019

Why hello there!

Conference was super awesome! Listening in Portuguese was neat! It was kind of sad not hearing the voices of cute Elder Eyring and Uchtdorf, or the firm voice of Elder Holland, or our dear, sweet Prophet Nelson, but all the messages were really fantastic and spiritually evoking! (Not to mention the Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square brought in the Spirit strongly when they sang ´´Dearest Children..´´ and ´´I am a Child of God´´, was golden!) Well, at least what I understood the speakers were saying hahaha But I really liked Elder Uchtdorf talking about the Gathering of Israel in these latter days and preparing for the Second Coming of Christ! I really feel that as a missionary, preparing the people here in Vila Ema to meet with grace and love the Savior of the World when He comes to Reign again on the Earth. Super awesome! It was in Portuguese, and Elder Christofferson voiced over his talk in Portuguese so that was really neat to hear! And Elder Anderson gave a very insightful thought into ´´The Eye of Faith´´. We need to have our eye, mind, and heart, spiritually in tune and work together with our material eye to journey through this life.


I really felt one of the main messages of the conference was Becoming like Christ and Come unto Him, for He is nigh at hand to Reign on the Earth when He comes again! How marvelous!!


After the Saturday night session (because it finished at 7) Sister Silva and I went with the Elders to get pizza and it was really fun! The pizza was okay, but it was a nice way to finish off a great day of uplifting talks.

First week training Sister Silva went really well! We have an investigator marked for baptism the first week of May because he wants more time to prepare, so we are helping him get excited! Training is not the easiest but I have enjoyed getting out of my comfort zone and really trying to talk to people! Sister Silva is shy like me too so I have definitely talked a lot more haha and our lessons have been going really great!


The Lord seriously sent miracles our way to meet some really awesome people to teach and we caught all of the buses correctly for our meetings, only one time we accidentally took one the wrong way haha. It has been fun getting to know her and learn more about Northern Brazil. A lot of our investigators struggle with finding time to read the Book of Mormon, so we read with them and I can see the change in their lives, the Book of Mormon really brings a sweet spirit into a home and into a person that no other book can bring. No wonder it was made for the Gathering of Israel in these Latter days! I love the Book of Mormon, and I love our Savior, Jesus Christ!

Have a wonderful April week everyone! 

-Sister Giles







No comments:

Post a Comment