This week was a little crazy but good!! Tuesday night Presidente called and asked me to be a trainer.......................oh no. (I wish this was an April fools joke) haha I am actually really excited and know the Lord has good plans for the two of us! (my broken Portuguese and her trying to understand me haha) Give me all your missionary wisdom dadio because I am so unprepared. But I really feel that the Lord is with me and will help me through these next 12 weeks of training, a Brazilian!
So we went down to São Paulo Wednesday and had a training meeting. But cool insight for the week was sister Ashcraft and I were reading the Book of Mormon with our investigator, Beatrice, and we both got a very strong prompting to ask her to be baptized! Beatrice responded a little hesitantly because she was already baptized in another church and she felt right about that. Then we explained to her the proper authority needed is through the real Authority of Jesus Christ, which the Church of Jesus Christ has! So marvelous!! She seemed to understand a little better and asked where she would be baptized, a river? Hahah we responded if she wanted to but we have a font in the church building, but she is more inclined to the river, so who knows what might happen, maybe a river! hahaha!
It is a blessing to belong to the true church and have been baptized by you my dadio with proper authority, the authority of Christ! I am so beyond thankful!! I think of my baptism a lot here on the mission and have this joy that I love sharing with people here in Vila Ema!
We have some really awesome investigators that are progressing and reading the Book of Mormon. The key stone for the gathering of Israel in these latter days! We invited 2 more of our investigators to baptism and are helping them prepare for their dates!
This week we went to a family home evening at a members house and she had invited some of the youth there too! One of our investigators came, Luticia and we helped share about the Plan of Salvation then watched a video by the Church about how it really is a Plan of Happiness. What a marvelous plan God has designed for us to become like our Savior and return and live with Him and our families for eternity in complete happiness! The youth were really fun and we ate food after and played a fun game called ´´Stoppy`` We asked our investigator, Luticia if she has a desire to be baptized and she responded with an enthusiastic `yes!`´´ I am excited to continue to teach and prepare her for baptism with my new companion, but I will miss Sister Ashcraft! We made a lot of cookies together and had some really great times.
I love the mission and my Savior! A good scripture I read this week was D&C 121.
I love this gospel! I am excited to help another Sister join in this great work, with my broken Portuguese haha but it will be great!!
-Sister Giles



We have some really awesome investigators that are progressing and reading the Book of Mormon. The key stone for the gathering of Israel in these latter days! We invited 2 more of our investigators to baptism and are helping them prepare for their dates!
This week we went to a family home evening at a members house and she had invited some of the youth there too! One of our investigators came, Luticia and we helped share about the Plan of Salvation then watched a video by the Church about how it really is a Plan of Happiness. What a marvelous plan God has designed for us to become like our Savior and return and live with Him and our families for eternity in complete happiness! The youth were really fun and we ate food after and played a fun game called ´´Stoppy`` We asked our investigator, Luticia if she has a desire to be baptized and she responded with an enthusiastic `yes!`´´ I am excited to continue to teach and prepare her for baptism with my new companion, but I will miss Sister Ashcraft! We made a lot of cookies together and had some really great times.
I love the mission and my Savior! A good scripture I read this week was D&C 121.
I love this gospel! I am excited to help another Sister join in this great work, with my broken Portuguese haha but it will be great!!
-Sister Giles
No comments:
Post a Comment