Wow Easter!
It is such a wonderful time to really reflect on the Atonement of Jesus Christ and what He experienced so that total humanity can receive a remission of sins and live with Him and our Heavenly Father again. His love for each of us is beyond our capacity to comprehend, yet we still comprehend and feel of this Divine love, and it is marvelous!
Sister Silva and I had a great week! Our investigators our progressing, especially Anglo and Vinícius. It is such a wonderful experience to help people understand the importance they have in the eyes of God and what a potential each of us have to return and live with Him again.
Sister Silva likes cooking food at night when we return to our house so we have been having some good times. It is starting to cool off at night and in the mornings, but more rain is supposed to come this week, yay! Rain.
Basically our whole area left for vacation this weekend for Easter, so we mostly did contacts and visited the less actives and members. We had a very nice Sunday with a baby blessing in our ward and the primary sang which was really cute. We had lunch with Irmã Marita and her family and it was very good! Her daughter wanted to do a little Easter egg hunt with us so we did one around the house, it was fun!! I did not find any with snails in it (dad) haha but chocolate is always better. Then at night we were able to video call our families and it was awesome talking with my Mom, Dad, and Claybe!
There was a futebal game yesterday and there were so many fireworks shot off during the day haha it was for the team Corinthians, they are big here, so that was cool.
I really enjoy reading the scriptures in Portuguese everyday and feasting on the words of Christ. We also studied Come, Follow Me with the family we had lunch with yesterday and it was so good to have them discuss the story of the good Samaritan and the example Christ lead, to love and serve your neighbor.
I read my favorite talk of all time this week, it is called ´´Behold the Man!´´ by Elder Uchtdorf last 2018 April general conference. Wow. It is incredible! I encourage you all to read it because Elder Uchtdorf speaks simply and powerfully about the purpose of the Atonement and how it is the greatest act in history. Also, Sister Silva and I shared the passage in 3 Nephi 11 when Christ appeared to the people in the Americas after His crucifixion and resurrection. Ah, beyond incredible! The Spirit testifies so profoundly that He Lives! I too testify that He Lives! That death is conquered, that we can have peace in this Life and have the opportunity to Live with Him and our families forever in joy after this earth experience, all we need to do is Let Him in and Follow Him.
I love my Savior! I love being able to wear His name everyday.
I hope you all have a fantastic week, spring is coming! Well here, fall is coming!
love, Sister Giles
photos: 1) a gigantic tree
2) the members are so sweet and gave us a lot of chocolate haha
3) Matius came along with us to a lesson with some of our youth investigators
4) we made hot dogs Brazilian version
5)for p-day today we made pizza and cake as a district and it was fun
No comments:
Post a Comment