Monday, February 24, 2020

February 24, 2020

Transfers!

Hello all!


Well, Sister Mel and I are packing up our suitcases and moving to Pinda, Guaratingatá! It will be another adventure to finish up my mission. Yup, I have only 2 more transfers. But I think this last one was my favorite of all because we saw so many miracles, the ward was super awesome, and my testimony in our Savior and His work grew a ton. I love the mission.


Invitation in a Bar
During our planning on Wednesday, we felt impressed that we needed to invite Feijão to be baptized, and soon. So that evening we went to the house of the member, Filomena, that we normally go to, to teach Feijão and Vinícius, but she also owns a bar which is part of her house. We came up to the front and Feijão was already there and Filomena was sitting next to him and she says, ´´Í know why the Sisters are here.´´ and we look at each other and say ´´why?´´ and she says ´´because you guys will invite Feijão to be baptized!´´ And just like that, we invited him  and he accepted and then Vinícius came and said he wanted to be baptized too, so it was really special! We invited them to be baptized and we were in a bar! But it was super neat to see how the Spirit had revealed to Filomena that they are ready to be baptized and that we could feel that too.

I know that the Spirit is our constant companion and will help us have success in this life if we heed His counsel and listen to His still small voice.


Love to all and have a great week! Tomorrow is Carnival here in Brasil!


Sister Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment