This week was a little different because my companion got sick, and we traveled to São Paulo to renew her one year Visa. We spent the night at a Sister´s apartment in a suburb of São Paulo Thursday night, then Friday morning got up and went to the Metrô at 7 am.....big mistake because it was rush hour and I have never been squished with so many people before. A train would pass by and you would think that it was jam packed to reaching point already, yet some how 4 or 5 more people were able to cram on. I still do not know how we made it on to be honest, we just launched our selves into the train and the doors closed and it was a super uncomfortable experience, but we made it to the mission office for Sister Ashcraft to make it to the police station!
I got to hang out in the air conditioned office, and I was reading in Helaman 11 to 14 about the prophet Samuel prophesying the signs of the birth and death of the Savior of the world. Isn't it so neat how Heavenly Father announced the birth of His Begotten Son to the world with a beautiful star and 3 days of light, and it says other heavenly signs were given as well. How sweet and marvelous! I love how we have a modern Prophet to lead us and show us the signs of the coming of Christ!
The dedication of the Rome, Italy temple is a wonderful moment in history, and the gathering of the 12 Apostles and Prophet in our day is even more special! The Restored church, the same organization the Christ established when He was on the Earth, exists today!
On Saturday, Sister Ashcraft and I taught a very sweet couple, who were a referral from a lady in our ward. We taught them about the Restoration of the Church and solemnly testified of a living prophet and apostles in our day! We told them about the gathering that just occurred at the Rome Temple. The lady said how neat that is to have apostles and prophets in our time because that is different from all other churches, to have the true authority of God on the earth through the Prophet and apostles! General Conference is almost here! How are you preparing to hear the words and testimonies of God´s true servants on the earth?
I so am excited!
I love sharing His true gospel!
No comments:
Post a Comment