Hello!!!
This week was crazy, but special!! As Sister leader I am doing splits with every set of Sisters in the zone, so the Sisters came on Tuesday but it ended up pouring rain in the evening so our work was cut short. For Christmas I made little presents for the sisters and they seemed to all like them.
Then Thursday we went to the São Paulo Temple for our Zone Conference and it was full of revelations which was incredible!! I love the temple! It is a place of peace and a place to remember the strong covenants we made with God. Also, the SP temple is super tiny. but it has a cafeteria. On the ride in the bus back President and Sister Miller had us all sing Christmas songs using the hand bells, it was a little off-key but it was fun hahaha.
Saturday the ward had their Christmas party and the little kids did the nativity which was super cute. Hahahha Joseph came in pulling pregnant Mary on a toy horse on wheels and ended up bumping into the chairs lined up, so it was a very graceful entrance.
On Sunday the twins João and Maria were baptized and it was awesome! Right before they got into the water they played shoots to see who would go first, João lost so he went first, they are adorable. BUT that morning we were not sure if they would be baptized that day......because Sat night their mom, Adriana, stayed to help clean up after the Christmas party and ended up falling on the stairs and twisted her ankle and went to the hospital. Sunday morning we get the call that she had gone to the hospital and in that very moment Sister Conceição and I said a prayer together that everything would go according to the will of the Lord and that Adriana would be okay. We arrived at church and during the Sacrament we prayed unceasingly that a miracle would happen and that her and the twins would show up. 5 minutes after the Sacrament, she comes hopping in and the twins helping her. Thoughts of peace and joy and gratitude flooded our hearts and I knew that God is a God of miracles and a God of love. Adriana is a super incredible example to me, to have gone through with this for her kids to make a commitment sacred with God. She told them,when you guys are baptized, you are making a promise not with me, not with the Sisters, but with God. So you will keep your side of the commitment and will every single Sunday go to church for the rest of your lives.´´ Their parents are not members but their aunts and cousins are, and their mom made a comment about her baptism in the future so we hope one day they will all be sealed. It was a crazy week, but ended up good.
I was pondering about this, how well do we keep our side of the covenants we make with God? How prominent are theses promises in our lives? I want to show to God that I did my side of the promise when I go to meet Him at His feet and say that I followed His Son, Jesus Christ, in all things and in all moments.
I hope you all will think about your covenants of baptism and the temple and set goals on how you can better improve your worship, especially this Christmas season.
Have a special week and remember the gift of Christ!
love, Sister Giles
1) I love this Christ statue!
2,3) photos of the temple
4)playing the bells on the bus
5)can you spot the giant frog?
6,7)baptism of João and Maria










No comments:
Post a Comment