Olá!!
This weather is so crazy because this week it rained on Wednesday and has continually gotten colder and colder. We are heading into spring so it should be getting warmer, not that I am complaining, but São Paulo, you make me confused.
Anyways, Sister Costa and I saw some of the Lord´s great miracles this week! One of them we have been praying and fasting that the heart of the mom of Rafael would be softened and she would be more open to hearing the gospel and see the great change it is making in her son´s life. We have also been praying to know how to come in contact with her. Well, Tuesday we got a call from the girl, Heloiza, that is Rafael´s friend and brought him to church, and she said Rafael´s mom was open to have us come visit her with them and Heloiza´s mom, Patricia. So we ran over and we all entered and got to talk with her and get to know her. Rafael´s mom told us that one day she looked at the book we had given Rafael (The Book of Mormon) and said to herself, ´´if this book mentions Mary, the mother of Jesus, I will accept him going to this church.´´ She opened up to 1 Nephi 11 at the part when Nephi sees the vision of Mary and felt a true sense that her son will be well taken care of in the church of Jesus Christ. I love her experience because it shows that God is aware of His children, He wants us to make good choices and He wants us to be worthy to live with Him again. We said a prayer of gratitude as He hears our pleas and I know that He is our loving, merciful Heavenly Father. Rafael was able to share and bear his first testimony to his mother and to us that God is kind and forgiving. That we can gain strong relationships with Him because He is there, He is listening.
Thursday we were able to help our Relief Society President, Naiara, walk with her three little girls to a decoration store across town and back. It was so fun! One of the little girls, Sofia, put her little poly pocket in the pocket of my bag so that she didn't have to hold it but that it came with us haha
Also, the first video of the Book of Mormon was released and I encourage each of you to watch it and the next one that will come out! It is super incredible!
Hahaha fun fact: the actor that plays Nephi is in my mission- Elder Vanderwirken! He was in my first zone, so funny, but he doesn't have the long hair anymore.....(In the picture, he is standing, 2nd from the left in the gray shirt)
I love being able to serve these people and our Savior. I know He lives! I know He hears us and is watching over us. Come to Him. His invitation is always open and loving.
I love being able to serve these people and our Savior. I know He lives! I know He hears us and is watching over us. Come to Him. His invitation is always open and loving.
Have a great week!



No comments:
Post a Comment