Tuesday, January 15, 2019

December 18, 2018

Feliz Natal!

Hello!!!

The weeks are starting to fly here at the CTM! On Thursday, Friday and Saturday we did splits with the Brazilian missionaries, where we ate lunch together, then prepared a lesson to give and then taught the lesson (all in Portuguese of course) and then were taught a lesson by another companionship. It was fun and very informative of how little I know haha (they speak very fast) but my companion Sister Ferriera was very sweet and she spoke some English so it was good! I just would read from the pamphlet and then bear my testimony in Portuguese and she did all the rest! I love her!

The temple last PDay was spectacular as always! We went to the Sao Paulo temple again and will go there again tomorrow! Maybe next week we will go to the Campengus temple! Anyways, we got back and went across the street to Mr. Cheneys cookies...they are SO GOOD! Then Sister Vaenuku and I went with our sweet American friends Sister Larsen and Sister Jarrett to get dessert empanadas from a street market and then got a few things at the grocery store (aka snacks and candy). We met up for dinner with the American trio as well (Sister Vuyk, Sister Wilkin, and Sister Andersen) where we went to a delicious burger place called Firewood and it was the most delicious thing!! A sweet taste of home, but I am definitely enjoying this whole new experience in this great country!

Today was super sad because they all left this morning to go to their missions, so it has been a quiet and empty day here at the CTM. A new bunch comes in tomorrow, so now it it our turn to show them the love and friendship we have felt so dearly from the ones before us! Our sweet Brazilian friends on our hallway left as well and they are the absolute cutest things!! Everyone calls Sister Vawnuku Moana and it is so funny, but these dear Brazilian friends call me Cinderella as well haha Sister Vaenuku and I sang them the EFY medley last night and they started crying and said they loved hearing the voices of Moana and Cinderella haha oh how I will miss them and our fun dinner talks where it takes 5 minutes to express what we are saying hahaha

Also, Sister Vaenuku and I became Sister training leaders, but no one has said if any Sisters are coming in tomorrow, so maybe we will be training each other? lol 
It has been getting quite hotter here, so I am trying to utilize the air conditioning as much as possible. Our classrooms have AC but our rooms do not so that is where the sweating really happens...but the rain helps to cool down the temperature so that has been a blessing! 

I am absolutely loving the people here and learning the Portuguese language has been such a hard, but rewarding experience! Learning and teaching the Doctrines of Christ daily has been the biggest blessing of all! I love my Savior and am grateful for this opportunity to serve Him and the people here! Feliz Natal! I cant wait to call next week for Christmas! I hope you all have a very special Christmas! Love to all! 

Sister Giles




No comments:

Post a Comment